2014 Provincial Playdown Schedules have been posted. Check out your age division to find your schedules:
*NOTE: U16A/U19A divisions have been updated with scores, results and Round 2 schedules
The final two Long Term Athlete Development Information Sessions are coming up next week.
- Edmonton, March 10, 2014. Central Lions Seniors’ Centre 11113 – 113 Street
- Calgary, March 11, 2014. Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre 2120 – 16th Avenue NE
Here is what our agenda looks like for these sessions:
Part 1 – LTAD Education “Reset”
There is a fair bit of misinformation about the long term athlete development model or a general lack of awareness; depending on each individual. Part 1 will attempt to get us all on the same page with some of the core concepts and the impact they have on our future planning. Specifically, we will cover:
- Developmental age and what the really means for our programs
- Athlete Development Matrix (I will tie this into where we are at with teiring / grouping / phasing)
Part 2 – 2014-15 season
In Part 2, we will provide a summary of what the 2014-15 season looks like. Specifically, we will cover:
- Proposal for your feedback on steps we can take to improve competitive equity for 2014-15
- What “grouping” of athletes will look like; how we will deal with phasing / teiring / grouping of U10 and below for 2014-15
- A summary of the process we will use to take the Ringette Long Term Athlete Development Model and create a realistic implementation plan for Alberta
We hope to see you there.