2016 is not a rule change year, so Ringette Alberta will only be running New Level 1 clinics, Level 2/3 (or Level 2 and Level 3) clinics, and Evaluator clinics. Refresher clinics will be mandatory for all officials in the following 2017/2018 season.
To access information on the clinics, visit www.officiatingringette.ca/. If you are an existing official, you will have had to log into this page before, you will not need to create a new username. If you are looking to become a new official, you will need to create a profile. Please register to sign up for a clinic, keep in mind that clinics will be posted from August on, continuing to be posted as they come up.
**Please note that you are required to be 14 years of age by the date of the clinic if you are looking to become an new Official.
Steps to become a new official:
- Contact your Referee in Chief to register your interest and get more information. If you are not able to find an email for your Referee in Chief on your Association’s website, please contact Lauren (email below).
- Create a profile on www.officiatingringette.ca.
- Complete an online E-Module about the basics of officiating!
- Register for a Level 1 clinic in your area.
- Complete payment via PayPal. Your association may reimburse you, ask your Referee in Chief.
- Attend the clinic, be ready to learn and participate!
- Complete the on-ice portion of the clinic, be sure to bring your whistle!! Acme Thunder’s are encouraged.
- Take the online exam.
- Contact your Referee in Chief to let them know you are finished your clinic. Ringette Alberta will send them a list of officials that have completed the clinics and are able to officiate, but this comes out in the first weeks of November.
- Take some games, build some confidence, have some fun!! Don’t forget that along the line, every year you will need to get an evaluation, ask your Referee in Chief (and for more information visit the Evaluations and Upgrades page).
Setting up a clinic:
Ringette Alberta will work in conjunction with your association to put on the clinic, ensuring that there is no cost to your association. Using our online system, we will take payment, and track who is in the clinic, as well as allocate resources. Please use the email below to contact Lauren Koster for more information.
If you are from Calgary, you are required to submit your name on a waitlist to be considered for a New Level 1 Clinic. Please do not sign up for a clinic if you are from Calgary and have not been put on the waitlist, this will result in you not being given games from Calgary. Please contact Lauren for more information if needed.
For more information, please email Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org, including information on any clinics that your association might like to host.