Ringette Alberta brought 69 members of the ringette community together over the weekend, May 6-7, 2017, to begin our province’s journey towards 75-22, Growth Through Excellence, which is the ultimate goal of the new Ringette IN Alberta strategic plan.
“75-22” represents the goal of having 7,500 registered players in Alberta for the start of the 2022-2023 season. Today, Alberta has just over 6,300 registered players.
From this workshop, nine (9) action teams have been formed to quickly move forward on key tactics within the strategic plan. The “Other Team Alberta”, committed volunteers from across the province, have set Alberta on a “get it done” path forward that will see us build trust among associations across the province and Ringette Alberta and take substantial steps forward together for the benefit of our athletes.
Here are the major tasks Alberta’s Ringette Community will be addressing in the short to medium term:
- Clarifying Participation Contexts to attract and retain more players
- Optimizing our recruitment efforts to bring more players into the game as children, youth and adults
- Cost analysis to make ringette more affordable
- Ice Team (to get enough ice for ringette to meet our objectives and to accommodate registration growth)
- Coach Intake (to standardize the information coaches receive, particularly formal expectations)
- Coach Assessment (to identify where coaches need more support and be able to deploy that support efficiently and effectively)
- Coach Recognition (to reward the coaches who are doing the right things to support athlete development)
- Officials to Athletes Ratio (to ensure we never have to limit athlete development opportunities because we are short of qualified officials)
- Dashboard Team to establish the key measures of success for our provincial ringette system
We invite every player, parent, coach, manager, trainer, official and volunteer to check out the Meeting Notes to understand what occurred at the May Conference, to see the concrete actions that our community will be tackling over the next few months and years and how you will be affected.
If you’d like to know more or to get involved in some way to help our community achieve 75-22, please contact David Myers, Ringette Alberta’s Executive Director.