2017 Conference & Annual General Meeting
May 5-7, 2017
Radisson Red Deer
6500-67 Street, Red Deer
Any member of the Alberta ringette community is welcome to attend.
You do not need to be an official delegate of a Group Member to participate, however, only Group Member delegates are eligible to vote at the AGM.
- Participants gain a thorough understanding of the Athlete Development Matrix (ADM) Project and the Competition Review & Restructuring Project outcomes and the implications for local, provincial and national programming.
- Participants gain a thorough understanding of the Ringette in Alberta Strategic Plan and the roles of individuals, local associations and Ringette Alberta in successful implementation.
- With their understanding of the ADM, Competition Review, and Strategic Plan as the foundation, members will engage in discussion to improve alignment from local to national: Strategic Priorities > Strategies > Tactics
- Members are engaged in the process to clearly define participation contexts and begin to discuss strategies to offer these options to athletes across the province
- Introduce the Ringette in Alberta Success Dashboard to identify where our members need Ringette Alberta’s support and where our priorities as a ringette community lie in the context of the Ringette in Alberta Strategic Plan.
- Establish a formal, sustainable structure, with clear roles and accountabilities, to eliminate “silos” so we become a more supportive, collaborative, effective sport community. This will give a framework to our mantra: Competition on the Ice. Cooperation Off the Ice.
Friday, May 5
Joint social with KidSport Alberta, sponsored by Bearhill Brewery: 18:00-21:00
Saturday, May 6
Breakfast 8:00 – 9:00
Conference: 9:00 – 16:30
Awards & Recognition Luncheon: 12:30 – 13:30
Sunday, May 7
Breakfast 7:00 – 8:00
Annual General Meeting 8:00 – 8:30
Conference: 8:30 – 12:15
2017 Annual General Meeting: Includes notice of motion regarding fee increases (registration, insurance)
2016 Semi-Annual General Meeting
Unapproved Minutes of the December 19, 2016 Semi-Annual General Meeting