The 2015 Canada Winter Games Team Alberta is now accepting applications for the Women In Training Apprenticeship Program. The apprentice coach will be a part of the Canada Games coaching staff, in addition to our Head and Assistant coaches. This young, female coach will be mentored by our senior coaching staff to develop her coaching skills and experience. Through the program, the Women in Training coach shall attend a series of Professional Development Seminars and gain valuable lessons and expertise, in hopes of becoming a senior coach down the road.
Candidates should complete the following WIC Candidate Application Form and must meet the following eligibility criteria:
* Certified not higher than NCCP Comp-Introduction and plan to complete NCCP Comp-Dev within a year of the Canada Games.
* Has completed some form of NCCP training.
* Never attended a Canada Games as a “coach”.
* Never attended the Olympics, Pan American Games, or Commonwealth Games as a “coach”.
* Demonstrated potential through the development and improvement of athletes.
* Canadian citizen or landed immigrant status.
* Commit to the objectives and requirements of the program.
Deadline for applications is January 2, 2014. Please submit forms and all attachments to email@example.com.
The 2015 Canada Winter Games will take place in Prince George, BC, February 13 – March 1.