What is the Athlete Advisory Council?
The Athlete Advisory Council acts as an informed advisor to the Ringette Alberta Board in the implementation of policies and the Ringette Alberta Strategic Plan as it pertains to athletes. The Council is a standing committee of the Ringette Alberta Board and is governed by the Ringette Alberta Bylaws and the Committees Policy (22.0). The Council reports to the Ringette Alberta Board and does not have independent decision-making authority. Members of the Council should bring perspective from all areas of ringette in Alberta including youth, adult, recreational, competitive, and pursuit of excellence programs.
What does the Athlete Advisory Council do?
The Athlete Advisory Council will:
- Provide a report to the Board for each Board Meeting.
- Advise on policy changes put forward by the Board
- Bring ringette athletes’ concerns to the attention of the Board/Staff
- Present an annual report to the Members at the Ringette Alberta Annual General Meeting
Council members serve two-year terms. Nomination and appointing of members will be staggered by appointing half of the members each year in order to ensure continuity of the Athlete Advisory Council.
Click here to read the Athlete Advisory Council Terms of Reference. The Terms of Reference is subject to change.
The first meeting of the Council will be on Saturday, September 15, 2018 in Red Deer.
Nomination and Eligibility
In order to be nominated individuals must:
- Be a registered player with Ringette Alberta at the time of their nomination
- Be in good standing with their local association
- Complete the application below
- Provide contact information for at least 3 references: a teammate, another ringette athlete, and another member from their local association. This can be included within the application form.
After nominations are put forward, a list of nominees will be presented to the Ringette Alberta Board. A minimum of 5 members will be appointed to the Council.
Click here to apply! Athlete Advisory Council Nomination Form
The form will be open until July 27th, 2018.
Questions or comments regarding the Athlete Advisory Council can be directed to Robyn Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-643-0651.